Zest




I tried to think of a food beginning with ‘Z’ but nothing came to me so I thought Zest would probably be a good ending to the A-Z challenge.

I started on a dessert & I’ll end on an ingredient that goes into desserts. Ooh now that made me look clever & imaginative.

At school I did food technology as part of my GCSE’s, most desserts I made listed the Zest of a: orange/lemon/lime. Zest seemed to be put in everything & I felt like I was always grating a fruit of some kind. Then it advised in the recipe that you could always decorate the dessert with a sprinkle of Zest.

If you watch cookery programmes you can see that by grating or peeling the chefs always manage to use the zest of a fruit. I mean it does give the dessert an extra zingy taste & it does help a good dessert taste that little bit better. I wonder who came up with the brainwave of using the zest.

~~~~~~~~

Well that's it, the end of the A-Z Challenge. It has been a roller coaster ride & one that I enjoyed every moment of. I have had some lovely new readers & I have found some really great blogs out there that i shall be following from now on. Thank you to all those who did this journey with me & I'm sure that this time next year I'll be doing another A-Z challenge! 


Comments

  1. So glad to meet you! New follower here. I’m enjoying reading my fellow “A to Z”ers. I look forward to visiting again.

    Sylvia
    http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sylvia for coming by, commenting & becoming a new follower :0) It's nice to meet you too :o)

      Delete
  2. And what a zesty note to end on! I'm trying to visit all the A-Z Challenge Blogs this month. My alphabet is at myqualityday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharkbytes :o) That's great that you are trying to visit all the A-Z blogs, I'm so pleased you stopped by mine :o)

      Delete
  3. Great way to end the A to Z challenge with Zest.

    come see ours at
    http:/ladysknight.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for coming by & commenting. I shall definitely come & have a peak at your writing :o)

      Delete
  4. Glad I stopped by! Have a great May, and congratulations on completing the A to Z Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna, I'm glad you came by too :o) Have a fantastic May & well done on completing the A-Z as well :o)

      Delete
  5. Congratulations too. Have a good week (and year!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Biddy :o) Hope you are having a good week too & it's nice to have met you through the challenge! :o)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Survivor

I'm back

GBE2 Dancing.