Sweet award...come & collect yours




I have been given an irresistibly sweet award by Beth. I do not deserve this & I am blushing as I write this. Awards make me shy & nervous as I feel I should be more ‘on it’ when it comes to my writing than I have been of late.

Anyways in order for me to accept this award I now have to tell you 7 things about me that you may not know…if you know them then pretend you are hearing it for the first time (ha).

Ok so this first one is going to sound odd in this day & age or it may put me in a bad light but I do not & never will drive. I know I know you are probably going what??!! Right now but I dislike the roads, find that they are too busy & mad & that (sorry to all drivers here) drivers sometimes do not think when they get into their car. I walk everywhere & some of things I see drivers do amaze me! The other day I saw a woman with a child on lap in the front seat whilst her other half drove….crazy! It’s not right & makes me feel nervous. So walking is my mode of transport, it gives me daily exercise and gets my brain thinking as I notice things I wouldn’t have spotted in a car.

Second: I love the snow. Dislike the rain. Adore the sunshine and find autumn a strange season…it contains a mixture of beauty (colours/changes etc.) alongside awful weather. Autumn to me never really made sense in the way that it appears & goes just as quickly as it came to be replaced by freezing rain. In the UK we might as well have summer & winter as spring sometimes still feels like winter & autumn is winter (ha). Climate change….man there’s a big debating issue!

Thirdly: I love reading. I am a constant book buyer & have a pile of books under the bed that are in line to be read. Yet there are some books that I brought but I haven’t even read them…shameful. One day I will read them instead of buying new books but I find I’ll pick a book up, read the blurb know some of the reviews & think ‘oh yes I want to read that’ then by the time I get home I think ‘oh actually I don’t fancy reading that now’ & place it on the bookcase for another day!

Fourth: I had a poem published in a writer’s magazine before it folded…ok so the fact the magazine folded was not good but it was my first ever published work. But after that I stopped writing poetry, I haven’t written a poem in ages and yet now my fingers are itching towards writing poetry again. Maybe I should just get the words flowing.

Fifth: I am a chocoholic & proud of it (ha). Actually my chocoholic days are dying down. I do not eat as much chocolate as I used to as for some unknown strange reason I am slowly turning against it. It doesn’t taste the same or give me the same satisfaction anymore. OMG are my chocolate days over?! Maybe I need hypnotising to make me eat & enjoy it again!

Sixth:  I am a natural blonde with natural high & low lights (so a hairdresser once told me) but in the past 2 years it’s been getting darker & turning brown in colour. So I started dying it & am now discovering that as my roots grow out each time they are getting darker than before…how is that even possible??!! So now I dye it a bit more frequently which puts me total catch 22 if I want to keep my blonde hair!

Seventh: This is the first blogging award I have ever received. So I now have a challenge to try & get at least another one for my self-esteem & to make my readers adore my writing more.

So now i have to pass this award to others who i feel deserve it: 



Comments

  1. Thanks Pixie how sweet of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As my hair began to go gray, I wished I'd never started coloring it. I like the gray a lot, but that well-defined line between the roots and the colored part bugs me.

    I'm now working with a colorist to gradually take my hair from its natural salt & pepper to full gray. She colors, then adds highlights and lowlights and when she's done working her magic, I love what I see. The between-coloring time is much better, too, now that I've put the job into the hands of someone who knows how to do it. ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Word Nerd...thanks for stopping by.

    I know what you mean, i used to love having highlights put into my hair, it was relaxing to have someone take the care & time over my hair & make me feel like a million dollars :O)

    I like your hair & the colour it has been...the curls always looked good as well :O) At least it doesn't take up our time colouring it if its done by someone else & if they get it wrong then they will be in trouble...i always dread it going wrong for me at home when i do it late in the evening & not being able to do anything about lol.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Survivor

I'm back

GBE2 Dancing.