New Year Resolutions.


So I’ve made a pact with myself this year as I have realised how slack & bad I have become. 

I was thinking about New Year’s resolutions. Every year I make one or two then a week or so later I find myself breaking them!

This year I’m hoping will be different. I have a whole year to complete my resolutions in – that was a purely ‘blonde’ light bulb moment – so this year my resolutions will be: 

  1.  Stop smoking. This is a major one for me. I’ve tried giving up before & ended up turning to food before I decided ‘nah lets smoke again instead’ – stupid, stupid, stupid. So this year I’m gonna do it. I was advised by the doctor to give up slowly, expect slip ups but to trust in yourself. When you are ready then give up. With this though I’m also enlisting the help of Allen Carr’s Easy way book. I used it before & it did work but I was weak willed to give up properly. They always say it’s all in the head so now my head has to say no!
  2. Exercise. OK I know these first two are clichés & are probably on most peoples lists but when I succeed at number 1 I’ll need number 2 to keep me sane & my mind occupied. So I’m gonna do Zumba classes. I love dancing & love music so I should love Zumba. Yes it will knacker me out but that’s good! (Probably won’t be able to walk the following day but that shall show that it worked!) I’m so cruel to my body.
  3. Write more. This I have slacked on. I feel bad in my mind for allowing my writing to slip away so easily. So I’m planning to write more, enter more competitions & try to get my writing out there…..which brings me to the next one….
  4. Blog every day. OK this can be a difficult one as anything could get in the way, but ideally I want to post a bit of writing every day. This will also get me back into the habit of writing which will be a good thing. If I post it up late I’m still gonna let it count…just…it is my resolution list.
  5. Join in on GBE2 more. I get the notifications of each theme but I fail to post something up. Well that’s gonna stop now! So I shall be aiming to get involved in GBE2 each week unless I have nothing to relate to a theme – mind you as a writer I should be able to come up with something!
  6. To buy & read my friends newly published book: Awakened: The Beginning. (which is available on Amazon Kindle) Oh yes I’m so proud of what she has achieved so I shall indeed buy that book & say ‘hey I know that author, she’s smashing & I helped her proof read the book’…had to get that last bit in lol. But I will not give away the ending…..
  7. Questions of the day. I’m gonna try & at least participate in A.H Browne’s QOTD http://www.ahbrowne.com/p/qotds-prizes.html. They are thought provoking, debatable & also contain prizes! She is a good person to get your brain thinking every day.
  8. The one I keep saying each blooming year but this is it this year. To finish my degree. I was persuaded by a nice gentleman on the phone to perhaps think about adding the honours bit on the end of my degree – yes I do have my degree! – but of course typical me I’ve decided to put my mind through more gruelling thinking/analysing/reading etc to complete the honours classification…what am I thinking?! Oh well I’ve started & it’s going well actually, the reading is tough but it will all be worth it when I get that piece of paper.
  9. To actually answer my emails when they arrive in my inbox. I still have some wishing me a happy new year, oops I’m so bad!!

So there are my resolutions for a whole year……..wish me luck!

Comments

  1. haha I am trying the exercise one too! lmao I have gained a little too much "squish" in certain areas that I go... oh wow. hahaha

    Yes you did help me proof it and I'm SO keeping you on my list to help because you're amazing at it and oh so helpful!! I love you for it, and so much more. :D

    p.s. thanks for pimping me out twice. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh no to "squish"!! I know what you mean....it must have been that last slice of turkey that i ate that kindly added squish where i definitely didn't ask it to be lol.

    Awwww stop, stop, i am blushing & now i'm getting a big head from all the praise :o) hahaha. But you are more than welcome to my "brilliant" "awesome" help anytime :o) lol.

    I shall continue to pimp you out in my posts...it all helps :o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GBE2 Dancing.

Eggs

A writer shout out: A.H. Browne