GBE 2 The Bakery


 

The Bakery

Ok so I love cakes! I have a really bad sweet tooth & love the idea of nothing better than eating a freshly baked cake. Yum!!

I also find myself having a grumbling tummy as I smell freshly cooked bread. What is it about warm bread that makes your mouth water & your stomach cry out for food? A nice hot roll filled with butter that starts to melt & a filling that just makes you sigh with delight…

It was always a Saturday treat for me when I was a child to go to the local bakery & choose a cake. My mum would drag me around the shops to do bits of shopping & then voila the bakery would be the last stop before going home. I always knew this was going to happen but it still didn’t stop me dreading the shopping bit before hand.

I would run up to the window & stare in wonder at the range of delicious cakes on offer tempting me with their fresh cream, running jam, soft fruits, cold custard, sticky sugars & wobbly marshmallow.

My favourite cake as a child was this cone filled with the wobbly marshmallow & hundreds & thousands sprinkled on top. Heaven! Then I realised it never really lasted that long & I would still crave something sweeter. Each week I would kick myself for not choosing something else.

I then discovered a cake that OMG was sooooo nice. A long finger doughnut with cream & jam running down the middle & then as an extra delicious treat they would sometimes have the hundreds & thousands sprinkled on top! Pure bliss.

I do seem drawn to any cake counter, be it ones in the supermarkets in boxes or in a bakery. I love the choice on offer but it also confuses the hell out of me when trying to decide what I may fancy at that particular moment or perhaps in a few hours time.

Now however I’m trying to be good…well for at least… lets see perhaps 85% of the time. This is because I do not want those cakes to suddenly appear in some unknown place on my body in the shape of some fatty horrible extra bit of skin/flesh/muscle etc. I’m not on a diet but I am trying to be better at not turning to the cake counter when I have a sweet tooth or craving for that cream filled doughnut.

But seeing as I currently have a small box of Lemon drizzle slices in the cupboard, that keep calling my name. I’m trying my best not to give in to their soft sponge, lemon flavourings & beautifully iced tops that you know full well make your mouth water the minute they are placed on a plate in front of you & as your fingers begin to stretch out towards that lovely plateful you think ‘oh I’ll just have the one’ but before long two or three have ‘suddenly’ disappeared!

Nope I shall not give in…

They shall not win….

Oh go on then I’ll have just the one…

or perhaps two just to stop the craving...  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GBE2 Dancing.

Eggs

I'm back